“People can surprise you. You get used to thinking of them one way, stuck in their roles, they are what they are. And then they do something that shows you that there is all this depth and dimension that you never knew existed.”—
I’d like to publicly announce that it’s my 6 months with Joseph and these few months have only been the beginning of something unforgettable. I know it’s cliche to say all of this but it needs to be done. Sometimes I think I cannot honestly get any closer with this guy, but every day that goes by keeps proving me wrong. I was watching the Adjustment Bureau and Joe’s sister was like, “What if that is how you and and my brother are?” Meaning what if fate is going to happen regardless and us being together will inevitably happen. I couldn’t help but think that way throughout the movie because it resembled our relationship, and sometimes I think that the beginning of our relationship it was very difficult to maintain only because there was so much controversy of us being together. Of course any person would be discouraged to follow through but something told me that me and him had chemistry and to disregard everyone’s opinion and stick with my gut feeling. The movie symbolizes so many things but for example. that every obstacle that a couple encounters true love will always find a way out. Ok, I’m getting a little off topic but lets get back on track.
Lately my parents have been saying stuff like prepare for the future, if it is going to be you and Joe. Or Do you think Joe will be your last boyfriend? As much as that freaks me out, at the same time it makes me happy on two accounts. One because my parents can accept him being that person that takes care of me for a looooong time. And second it makes me think that way as well. I always told myself that no one can be so sure of what is to come in the future and to just allow life to take it’s course. I still do believe in that, but I always believe that me and him can happen.
Those bumps within our relationships have created something truly substantial between us; that without getting into those huge fights, petty arguments, us beating around the bush, and us mis-communicating with one another, you and I wouldn’t be where we are today. I’ve done things that I told myself I wouldn’t do. I’ve said things that I shouldn’t of. I’ve acted out of line that is true. I’m very stubborn, that is most definitely true. But out of all of this, that although I say that I know I’m wrong I usually don’t realize I’m in the wrong until it’s too late. With you it’s different. I know what mistakes have led me in the wrong direction, which results to us retracting back instead of moving forward. But it seems that within our relationship I’ve been able to accept that my actions were not entirely reasonable and that is something I should work on throughout our time being together; who knows how long that will be. Most importantly I notice my development within our relationship which ensures that something right is going on. I cannot seemingly express anymore how I know this is right, how I know you’re right for me because if I do I know for sure I’ll be running a tangent on this post. LOL
I wanted to thank you for everything. I’ve been so proud of myself these past couple days. Just on how I’ve been keeping up with my goal and staying positive and that’s all because of you. Without you I probably would of never considered to better myself and stayed content with my previous self. It feels so good to know that I capable of going against all the odds and overcoming a seemingly unbeatable obstacle. Thanks to you, I’ve not only appreciated myself with you but I have been able to appreciate myself as a whole, beautiful, strong, confident, and worthy. I’ve never been so grateful. I have never met anyone that could keep up with me, and I think I’ve met my match.
Bottom line I hope we have more months, or more years to come. I love you <3 - 091710
Life can be ridiculously complicated, if you let it. I suggest we simplify.
Thich Nhat Hanh’s quote, which I’ve stolen as this site’s subtitle, is the shortest guide to life you’ll ever need:
“Smile, breath, and go slowly.”
If you live your life by those five words, you’ll do pretty well. For those who need a little more guidance, I’ve distilled the lessons I’ve learned (so far) into a few guidelines, or reminders, really.
And as always, these rules are meant to be broken. Life wouldn’t be any fun if they weren’t.
1. Pick a career you love; you don’t have to give into the pressure to be practical.Everyone changes careers over their lifetime; why not experiment with one that you are crazy about? Worst case scenario, you go get that crappy corporate job when you’re 28 and let the cool waters of 9-5ing wash away any memories of your failed Falafel-R-Us Gift Basket business.
2. Pay off your credit card debt and don’t buy so much stuff. Does every college do this? Offer credit cards at the student union, and in exchange for filling out an application, they gift you a candy bar? I was hungry! I was broke! Sign me up! Thankfully I was so thoroughly burned the first time, I learned my lesson.
3. Your student loans can be deferred practically indefinitely. After graduation, just call them and ask for a deferment. They will bend over backwards to make deferring easy to do. In six months when your deferment is over, call them up and do another. Repeat as needed.
4. It doesn’t cost as much as you’d think to travel. You don’t need to save $50,000 to spend a year overseas. If you’re young, willing to sleep anywhere (hello, couchsurfing!) and go to countries off the beaten tourist track, then you can survive on much less (I’ve heard as low as $1000/mo).
5. The job you have right now is not that important. If I were an employer I would only hire ambitious twenty something’s. They will knock themselves out working incredibly hard on stuff that barely matters. Try to get a 35 year old to take photocopying that seriously and you’re more likely to get your dog to iron your suit in the morning.
6. You don’t need a safety net. You can figure this out. The idea of being out there, with nothing to catch you if everything goes wrong may make your stomach do little flips, but really, you’ll be just fine.
7. This is the best time in your life to travel carefree. If you wait it’s going to be more complicated financially and emotionally. Now instead of putting on a backpack and heading out the door, I’ve got to cancel leases, forward mail, set up online payment arrangements, sell a ton of stuff, convince my family that I don’t need an MRI “just in case this idea is a sympton of a brain tumor”, and wrangle with complex stuff like dodging the “when are you going to have kids” question.
I know that today wasn’t the best day we’ve had. I know that there were words said back and forth that were not meant to be said, attitudes given that were not meant, and actions made that were not necessary.. Today, I don’t know what went through me. I was rushed and overwhelmed with emotions in which I couldn’t bare to face. I’m glad we worked things out and that I can become myself again. I’m sorry for everything.. But all in all I know that I can sleep tonight knowing the other part of me is whole again. I just wanted to say Thank You for impacting me in such a positive way and making me become such a better person, I hope that I do the same in return. These past ~6months have been filled with so much more than words and emotions. We’ve grown together more than anyone can pack into 6 little months, time with you just stops when were together. I just wanted to say Thanks. I Love You.
When I was asked to write a blog about tips for eating healthy for busy professionals I originally thought that I would be coming from a more compassionate, forgiving perspective. But after thinking of all the busy professionals I counsel in nutrition…
I’m writing myself a note in order to keep up with Lent, and for future purposes. My eating habits have slowly become difficult to consider normal (I eat one meal and have snacks throughout the day). Hopefully now that Lent is here, this will give me motivation to stick with my goal. This may seem very little but for those that know me, they’d know that this is not a petty goal for me. This goal is very important for me to accomplish. If I can’t do this… then I don’t know.
But as of right now I want to make sure that I see this PAST 40 days and know that I completely devoted myself to achieving this goal and hopefully I never have to succumb to my nasty habits once again.
“You won’t be his first, his last, or his only. He’s loved before, he will love again, but if he loves you now, what else matters? He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry. He’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy who is perfect for you.”—Bob Marley (via cocobellax)
Adjustment Bureau is the best movie of all time ! I wish you understood the severity of it all. Honestly, I left feeling so cleansed and changed. Take into account that I’m in a mindfuck (philosophy of psychology) class myself and it kind of makes me appreciate PHILofPSCH more because now I know how deep all this stuff is.
In the movie these two people meet randomly and some how the Adjustment Bureau prevents these two to ever be together. It goes further when they discuss how all their lives they’ve been trying to prevent these two from being together. So by doing that the Adjustment Bureau interrupts this by disrupting FATE from occurring. For example, spilling their coffee to go back home and change into new ones, or bumping into someone, missing the bus, and a lot more. Astonishes me because these disruptions that we think are due to us being clumsy or forgetful when in actuality it is someone controlling that.
Sorry I had to write about this movie cause it was seriously on point. I honestly feel that at this moment it’s better than inception. I think it’s because I didn’t really understand inception. And on top of that I was flying all through the night :)
Arguments should never end a relationship, because they’re only temporary. So nothing is more relieving than kissing and making up. After all the harsh words thrown back and forth, you eventually realize that the unnecessary anger wasn’t worth it. The guilt and regret takes over, and your heart starts to ache. But a kiss is a simple remedy to cure the sadness away. Kiss and make up—the pain is temporary, but the love is forever.
1. A kiss on the forehead 2. Uninterrupted quality time 3. A note under the pillow 4. Tell him when he looks masculine, sexy, or hot 5. Turn a regular day into an All-About-You day just for your mate 6. Breakfast served in bed 7. A romantic picnic indoors 8. An unexpected dinner cruise 9. Propose marriage on one knee 10. Don’t complain when he leaves the toilet seat up 11. A rose on the pillow 12. Tell her she’s beautiful 13. Pour on the chivalry (open doors, pull her chair out) 14. A bubble bath with rose petals and her favorite scented candles 15. Verbalize what your relationship means to you 16. Surprise her with her favorite flowers and candy 17. An “I love you because…” list 18. PDA (public displays of affection) 19. Heart shaped pancakes or cookies 20. A walk in the park together 21. Hold your beloved a little tighter and longer than usual 22. Do some of his/her chores 23. A handwritten card sprayed with your scent 24. Spoil each other 25. Renew your marriage vows 26. Be first to say “I’m sorry” after an argument 27. Personalize (i.e. engrave) gifts 28. Place an “I love you” flyer under the car’s windshield wiper 29. Send a surprise gift to his/her workplace 30. Support each other’s dreams 31. Make love slowly, passionately 32. Run his bath water 33. Give your spouse space when needed 34. Buy her feminine hygiene products (before she asks) 35. Bring him a cold beer while he watches football 36. Put a love note in her purse 37. Hold hands 38. Take showers together and wash each other’s back (or whole body) 39. Look deeply into your lover’s eyes 40. Always kiss goodbye and goodnight 41. Boast about your mate and your relationship to mutual friends 42. Arrange for a babysitter so you can have an unexpected date night 43. Say how much you love each other even if you think it’s known 44. Use cute pet names for each other 45. Rub your noses together 46. Remember to say thank you (often) 47. Excuse each other’s mistakes 48. Meditate together 49. Sleep in his t-shirt 50. Wash her hair 51. Step outside of traditional gender roles to help each other (Cook dinner for her; take the trash out for him) 52. Verbally reassure your lover 53. Take photographs as a couple 54. Give up the last piece of food on your plate 55. Write a short fairy tale using you and your mate as the characters (Once upon a time…”) 56. Listen more intently 57. Flirt with each other 58. Sing your significant other a love song 59. Get up early to help him/her get ready for work 60. Say “I adore you” 61. Watch a chic flick with her 62. Kiss your mate somewhere you never thought to kiss before (i.e. elbow, knee, toe) 63. Initiate affection (hugs, kisses, spooning) 64. Take good care of yourself so that you’re at your best for the one you love 65. A handmade gift or card 66. Write a sweet message on a fogged-up mirror so he/she will see it after exiting the shower 67. Cook your significant other’s’ favorite meal 68. Feed each other chocolate covered strawberries 69. Cuddle by the fireplace 70. Laugh and have fun with each other 71. Rub his/her feet 72. Create a scrapbook together 73. Start a hobby together 74. Dance indoors to your favorite song 75. Ask about each other’s day